Wednesday, February 15, 2006

grinding to a halt

The semester is coming to an end. I have a list of events on my office door as a reminder to my students, and each time one is accomplished I have to make a real effort not to take a big black marker and cross it off the list. I did enjoy looking at it this morning and realizing that more than half of the events were in the past.

Tonight was the final concert for the chamber groups I've been coaching. That means my schedule gets notably lighter from now till the end of the term (a glorious week and a half from now), as I won't have any more coachings with those groups. The concert went well, I think. I spent the evening backstage herding my students.

"Where's the quartet? You're next! Have you tuned?"

"I count eleven. Who's missing? TER!!!"

One student even asked me to tie his tie for him. Not a skill I've acquired, I have to say. Husband thinks I should learn. I'm not sure why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well: as if you're not busy enough teaching you have time to blog!

Glad to see you've joined the blogosphere, Cheryl. I look forward to reading your musings.

-Armando