Saturday, February 18, 2006

am i really that funny-looking?

Dear Thai People,

OK, I get it. I'm huge. My hair is a bizarre color and it looks really fuzzy (and VERTICAL) after I get a haircut. I'm lumpy in places you didn't think people could (or should) be lumpy. I wear funny clothes. I talk funny. I don't know the simplest things (like what I'm actually supposed to do when I'm on my bike and there are 3 cars, 4 other bikes, and a clot of several dozen pedestrians all converging on the space where I am).

Really, I get it.

But after 9 months I'm sorta starting to get a complex.

I know why you stare at me, but do you actually have to point and say "farang?" Believe it or not, I can hear you.

I know why you think I'm funny-looking, but does my very presence have to be occasion for loud and boisterous hilarity?

Sincerely,

The Great Big Farang Lady

No comments: