Sunday, January 08, 2006

wat





Because Husband and I are both (STILL) getting over our colds, this seems like a good time to point out that in Thai, a tonal language, the same word can mean "temple" or "to have a cold," depending on the inflection used. I'd much rather be at a temple than coughing, so here are some pictures from the Buddhist temples we've seen.

The pictures were taken by Husband. In my opinion he takes excellent photos--the thing he is trying to get a picture of is always actually present in the picture, it's focused and presented in a good light. My pictures, on the other hand, would generally be improved by forgetting to remove the lens cap. Oh, for the days of lens caps, film, and the Fotomat. I suppose those things are going the way of the LP and the Commodore 64.

No comments: