Thursday, March 23, 2006

update

For anyone who's been keeping score, my hands are feeling much better.

Knitting is still out, as I discovered when I tried to do it the other day.

But practicing is going fine, so I'm not quite as freaked out as I was a week ago.

I've started doing a regular yoga practice again, which is definitely helping. I think I'm the only person in the history of the world who moved to Asia and stopped practicing yoga. People do hatha yoga here, of course, but the classes are either in Thai or in the expat area of Bangkok, catering to those lucky Americans, Brits, and Australians who are working for companies from their home countries and making corresponding salaries. I'm not up for two hours of traveling each way, plus spending an entire day's pay, just for yoga class.

Home practice is all right, though, and it's only due to my extreme sluggish nature that I haven't kept that up. But I've started again, and this time Husband is joining me. It's really nice to do it together, actually. And it keeps us both motivated to do a complete practice--our natural abilities are opposite, so the types of asanas I'm tempted to skip because they're difficult and unpleasant for me are the ones he's eagerly awaiting because they feel easy and fun, and vice versa.

No comments: